I am so lucky to be the mom of these little ones. I want to put the story of their birthday down in here while it is fresh in my mind. I already cannot belive that two months have gone by. First, for some reason we knew we were having twins from the very beginning; I don't really know how and don't really know why! As soon as we told Miles that Mommy was going to have a baby he kept saying "brothersister". I went to the doctor for the first time at 9 weeks. I went by myself so that Jay could stay home with Miles. I was so nervous as Dr. Walker was doing the exam and when she got to the ultrasound she told me "Just as I thought, you are having twins"! Even though we suspected that might be the case, I was so excited, scared, overwhelmed, and mostly just wished I was not there by myself. As I was driving home all I could think was "Oh my gosh, we are going to need a van". I got home and I had started crying as I walked in the door, mostly just from being overwhelmed with emotions and Jay asked "Are you okay?" All I could say was 'We need a VAN!" and he understood immediately. The pregnancy was pretty good considering the horror stories that I have heard about carrying twins. For the first while I was really, really sick so things were kind of hard because we had not told anyone yet. We decided that we would tell our families on Halloween. We decorated buckets of candy with a ticket that said "Double, Double toil and trouble...Amy's belly is starting to bubble." We filled the bucket with double mint gum, double bubble, twix, and other "twin" related candies. Our families were so excited. Everyone was so surprised that it was twins.The second trimester was pretty uneventful. At 28 weeks I went to my usual doctor's appointment and the doctor noticed that I was beginning to dilate already. I was put on immediate and strict bedrest. I was so anxious and upset, I did not know how we were going to survive the upcoming months. What if they were born so early? What about Miles? Doctor bills? School? Work? So manythings we had to figure out. Thanks to our wonderful families who helped out nearly every day with watching Miles, cleaning, cooking, and entertaining us we did survive though. At 37 weeks my doctor decided that it was time and that she would enduce me. I was anxious to meet these babies but a little apprehensive at the same time. We partied hard for Miles birthday, knowing that it would be our last as a family of three. Then on May 3, 2010 I checked into the hospital at 7:30 am. The nurse gave me an IV about 8:30 and began the monitoring. She immediately called Dr. Walker with concerns about Chloe's heart rate. Dr. Walker came down and told us to begin preparing for a C-section. I was nervous, scared, and a little disappointed but trusted that she knew what was best for my babies. Not long after they sent in the anesthesiologist to put in the epidural, as soon as he was finished and almost before it was completely working, the nurse told that I was dilated to a 6 already and to page her immediately if I felt a need to push. As soon as she left the room I started to fell this sensartion, but wasn't sure if I was imagining it. We quickly called her back in and sure enough I was fully dilated. Well, a quick call to Dr. Walker and we were off the the operating room (they always try to deliver twins there). Luckily everthing went quickly and smoothly and Chloe's was born after only 1 push at 11:02 am with Riley following feet first at 11:08 am. I was so happy they were finally here and that both were doing wonderfully and they were healthy, healthy, healthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment